Monday, July 16, 2012

Monday Made It! Lots of Goodies!

It's been another busy week! I've gotten several projects done! As well as finished 1/2 the book, How The Way The Brain Learns. Very, very interesting book!





Before
After
My first project was part of my trash-to-treasure scavenger hunt! I found this chair at Goodwill for only 10$ It had a hideous green & silver print {and under that an ugly 70's brown print}! I knew I could fix it up and it would match perfect with my craft room. I stripped the cushion of it's ugly fabric, as well as the foam {it was stained and just nasty} On my long to do list is to make a bench & seats from plastic crates. I decided to go ahead and buy a foam egg carton mattress pad so I could use with all 3 projects. I covered the cushion with a fabric that goes perfect with my craft room. My husband had to spray paint the chair {I'm not allowed near spray paint...it's a long story...but my last 2 projects I've some how jammed my finger and it's still in pain} I'm thrilled with the results. The chair will go perfect with my work table that I bought from IKEA.


For my classroom, I made these brain breaks & classroom cheer cards! I found them on this adorable blog - I printed them on cardstock, then glued them to a colored piece of cardstock, finally pouch laminating them. They are super {super} study and should last me several years. I put them on a ring and added some ribbon {you know how I love ribbon}. After reading The Way The Brain Learns {well 1/2 of it and still reading - so interesting!} I know that giving the brain a break is so important! There are so many! As I use them, I plan to put a check mark with a visa-vis so I know I've already used it. The cheers are fun too! It's a great way to break up the day and get the kids excited.





I also made my W.I.S.E. Crew folders {similar to Einstein's club or Mastery club}. I'm going to save my bulletin board for the student recognition piece {I will have 3 different sized owl for each subject to show when students have completed 5, 10 & 15 q's}. I will have these folders out near our computers for students who finish early. The questions will be placed in page protectors inside the folders, I will also have several copies of the answer sheet in the folders pocket. I decided on the folders, so they would take up less space. I'm super excited about this program - I just wish I had thought of it last year! It's the perfect set up for early finishes & enrichment!
Now go see what everyone else is up to on Tara's blog for Monday Made It!

15 comments:

Miss Nelson

Oh I love your chair fabric.

✣ Miss Nelson✣
Miss Nelson’s Blog

Kelly
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly

The chair is sooo pretty! It's always such a good feeling to tranform "trash" into a thing of beauty.

I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher
Kelly @

Hooty

I love how your chair turned out. You are very talented.

Hooty's Homeroom

April Walker

Love the chair!
~April
The Idea Backpack
ideabackpack@gmail.com

Look Who's Teaching

I'm you're newest follower and I love your blog! You have so many great ideas. I'm new to teaching and blogging :) Come check out my blog!

Jessie

MsGinGrade3

Let me just say THANK YOU! I have had this on my to do list and you just accomplished that for me! THANK YOU!

Ms G In Grade 3

Amanda

Yea! I am so excited about your link to brain breaks and cheers! I just finished making some things for my morning meeting, and this was exactly what was next on my list! Thank you for reading my brain :) I really love your simple idea of putting a check on the cards as you use them.. DUH! What a simple thing to do, and will really help make sure we haven't skipped any! Definitely following you and can't wait to get more great ideas! :D

Amanda
Reaching for the TOP!

Lisa R.

Everything came out great!! I am a big fan of your chair!! :)
Lisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure

deepsharma

Finding this site made all the work I did to find it look like nothing. The reason being that this is such an informative post. I wanted to thank you for this special read of the subject. I definitely savored every little bit of it and I submitted your site to some of the biggest social networks so others can find your blog.
Spray Foam Insulation

Tara

Thanks for linking up;) Your projects all turned out great! I love trash to treasure projects!! Too fun! Your craft room is so sharp!!

4th Grade Frolics

Courtney

I love that chair!! CUTE!

hmichaud

I absolutely LOVE the transformation to your chair!! What a nice job you did. I've been looking for a new chair for my classroom, it never even crossed my mind to look at a Goodwill type store, I will definitely have to check out our local Salvation Army store. I just happened across your blog this morning and am excited to have another 3rd grade teacher to follow. Stop by sometime: http://cantmakethisstuffup-hmichaud.blogspot.com/

Rebekah Waters

I just downloaded the brain breaks and class cheers, but they are in PDF format...how did you get the class name off of the front page?

Heather Renz

Mrs. Est, 9/21/13 7:36 pm
You are selling my Mastery Club under the name of Wise Crew. Please remove my work from your store and blog immediately. I have written to you before and you continue to infringe upon my intellectual property. I created Mastery Club in the 1980's and it is not yours to sell.
Thank you,
Heather Renz
www.mrsrenz.net

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...