photo border_zpsru85kpjh.png

Friday, July 15, 2011

Blogging for Dummies

I've only been blogging for less than a week {and I am a total addict...but I can admit it}. I am amazed at all of the people who are willing to lend a helping hand, especially when it comes to setting up your blog...and quite honestly just the basic ins and outs {Linky Party and Pinning are foreign words to new bloggers!}

Here are a few people {blogs} who have helped me {and hopefully they will help you too!}

Ladybug Teacher Files
has AMAZING tutorials...today I finally learned how to start counting (numbering) my comments. I searched the web high and low and was left with just a bunch of gibberish {code}. Then I found a tutorial on her blog {why didn't I look there first?} She had a very simple and easy tutorial and I had my comment count fixed in minutes! Check out her other tutorials - she truly has a gift and she is willing to share!! She also has some pretty amazing blog templates {super cute}

Finally in First was one of the first blogs I came across. I started seeing blogs that said "Linky Party"...I was like Linky what?!?! Thankfully Jenn explained both what Linky parties are, as well as Linky etiquette {thank goodness because I would have been one of those people to link to my blog vs. my post}! She continues to have great posts about blogging including some great tricks!

When I decided to have a Linky Party I had no idea how to set it up. Of course I went to the web and found a wonderful {non-teaching} blog that had a great tutorial. Bargain Hoot showed what program to use as well as how to play in someone else Linky party!


I hope these help blogs help you too...but really I wanted to give a shout-out and thank these wonderful people for sharing their knowledge!!

7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I know what you mean! I was so lost when i started!! Ladybug helped me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should check out Ladybug's video on making your word "comments" bigger so people will be drawn to it to leave comments. I think it is right with the numbering video. It is sooo easy you just copy a code she has and past it. You can change the font # to fit your needs/wants. She does rock!
    Julie
    Thoughts of a Third Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really should have put you in that post too, Julie! I just didn't want you to think I'm a stalker ;) You have been amazing helping me! Thanks I will go check it out! I viewed my blog on another computer - totally not what I see on my computer. I can't see my links {too light} and it's much smaller than what I see. I need to make some adjustments! Thank you again for the link!
    -Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog looks great for having just gotten started!!! You are off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Ashley...very sweet of you!
    ~Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7/16/2011

    Thanks for this post. I just started my blog today and am totally trying to learn it all at once-like that could really happen...Congratulations on reaching 100 already-I am adding you to my list of blogs to stalk!

    Nicole
    thirdgraderodeo@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing this!! I have been blogging, but am very new to teacher blogging and all of the fun that goes on here! I honestly was just thinking that I wish I knew how to make my blog fun and cute like everyone else I've seen, with the cute buttons and headers, etc. I too had never heard of a linky party. I participated in one, not sure if I did it correctly or not, hope so, lol. Thanks for sharing, this is a great post for those of us who are new, and for someone like me who isn't smart enough to look around, and is sometimes afraid to ask. :)
    3rdgradetimesinct.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 photo border_zpsru85kpjh.png