photo border_zpsru85kpjh.png

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Classroom Library Show Off Linky Party

It won't be long before the school year will begin. This will be my 2nd year of teaching! I knew from the start that my main focus of my classroom would be my library. I spent tons and tons of time on it! Here are some pictures....


Here is my library corner. I have my library divided up between picture books and chapter books. In the corner - I have a pop up laundry basket that holds my pillows and small carpets
{I have one of every color}. I was very fortunate - last year most of the college dorm stuff at places like Walmart and Target were bright colors that fit right into my theme.



My color baskets hold my picture books. I also have them separated {fiction & non-fiction}. I made the labels and pouch laminated them. I used a rectangle hole punch to make holes at the top and bottom of the label. Then I used small zip ties I found at Walmart {in their automotive section} to attach the label to the basket. All of my books also have a coordinating sticker on the back of the book that matches the box label to help with keeping it organized. I made the library letters using scrapbook paper and my Cricut {a must have!}




My chapter books are stored in the black mini crates that I picked up at Dollar Tree. The books are separated by series, favorite authors and the remaining books are separated by genre. The chairs are perfect for my library area. They are made of a mesh material that is easy to clean, they fold up for easy storage, and they are low to the ground {perfect for kids}. They are beach chairs that I found at Garden Ridge. I lucked out and found them right before school started last year for only 7$. I grabbed a blue and red one!


I plan to make a few adjustments to my library. I have a ton of new books {I had students donate them at the end of last year}. I also want to incorporate magazines into my library. I have already found the perfect containers for them. I want to know...How do you organize your library? What are some must haves for a classroom library? Or just show off your library.

Here is my first Linky Party. Link up your blog below with your library show-offs! And while you're here...follow my blog. When I get 30 followers I will share my library basket labels!

As promised here are my book labels...Enjoy!! Thank you for following me! {I just printed them on cardstock and laminated them!}

***You don't have to have pictures of your library to participate! I want to see ANYTHING that has to do with your library!!! New seating you found, carpets, how you organized - basically any ideas that have to do with your library!


37 comments:

  1. Anonymous7/13/2011

    I will have to come back to link up once school starts back up. We aren't allowed in our buildings until mid August here. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Head over and add your linky party to the master linky at - http://yearn4learning.blogspot.com/
    She is trying to put all the linky parties together in one spot. You will gather up some traffic from it!
    Julie
    Thoughts of a Third Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your too cute blog!! I'm a new follower:) Sadly I can't join your linky party cuz I don't have pics yet!!! Would love it if you stopped by and visit me:)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I can't wait to go back in August to join the Linky Party and take pics of my AWESOME classroom library. I just found your blog while blogstalking and am now a follower
    Delena

    Learn with ME in Grade Three

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mrs. E, so glad I found your blog today. I did a post a few weeks ago about my newly organized library focusing more on tubs than book organization. I hope that is OK...

    Kelley-3rd grade
    Mrs. Randall’s Learning Library

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute!! I love, love, love my Cricut!! I wish I had pictures of my new library, but I can't get into school until August to set it up.

    Krystyi
    Teaching in Flip Flops

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blog! I am closing down Summer Reading Camp but will post pics of my new classroom library in mid-August. I posted a link to my new Gator Beach Themed Book Bin Labels if anyone wants to hope on over and get them ~ they are FREE! :) Your labels are amazing, thanks for sharing! Welcome to this wonderful Blog World!
    ~Fern
    Fern Smith’s Classroom Ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Audrey,
    Love your blog and your library! The mini crates are from Walmart. Every year they come out with new colors. This year they have blue, red, and pink. Last year was orange, purple, and lime green. I am hoping to finally have all the colors I need...I found red this year, but I still need to get my hands on yellow and green. The colors go along with my AR levels. :)
    Thanks for visiting.

    Debi
    Just 4 Teachers: Sharing Across Borders

    ReplyDelete
  9. the stickers on the back of your books, are they the exact same size as your labels or what do you do? I've been trying to figure it out this summer.

    Thanks!
    Lessons Learned

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! Very cute. My library is a work in progress. I am currently reorganizing my books. I will join the linky party when I am finished. :-)
    New follower to your blog! :)

    misst4th.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you everyone for your kind comments and following me! I am totally addicted to blogging {can you tell?}..and I'm so glad that I am getting a chance to meet all of you! I am def feeling the love!

    Julie - TY I linked it up - I thought I had remember seeing her post but last night I couldn't find it for the life of me!

    Debi - My walmart doesn't have them :( They had these cute 1/2 crate with 2 mini crates inside - but it would have been outrageous to buy them that way.

    Sydney - My labels on the back are the exact same but a smaller version {address labels}. I created them in publisher {I don't care what anyone says - Publisher ROCKS!} but when I export them as PDF it messes up the formatting {still working on it} if I am able to get them to work I will add these as well!

    Thank you all again!
    -Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish I could post a photo of my classroom, but I am not in there yet. I'm getting ready to start my first year in 5th grade. Last year I taught 2nd grade, so I need lots of ideas!! Can't wait to keep up with your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Toni M.7/16/2011

    This is my first post ever on a blog! I was wondering if you guys had any creative, fun ways to incorporate your library into your daily routine, other than the obvious, less fun ways. Thanks and I LOVE what I have read so far.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I posted another blog about my library with labels... I need to stop :) Just wanted to let you know! Have a super sunday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Audrey,
    I was going to try to change the link to my classroom library to:

    http://jackofalltrades-leslie.blogspot.com/search/label/library

    but I couldnt figure out how to do it. DO I need to delete my link and then repost??

    Have a great one!
    Les

    ReplyDelete
  16. Leslie,
    Just add another link (button)!! You can have more than one ;) Thank you so much for sharing!
    -Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was trying to come up with something to put my classroom pillows in and the soft sided clothes hamper you are using is it! THanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your library looks amazing. My goal this year is to get mine to look something like yours!!

    ♥Rebecca
    Create●Teach●Share
    Create●Share●Inspire

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your "Library" letters on the wall! So cute!! I'm going to have dust off my cricut and make some too! Thanks for sharing! I love to see other teachers' rooms!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I added a link -it's really a slideshow of the room, but there's a few pics of the library in there :)

    Denise
    Sunny Days In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this linky party. I am a new follower!

    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG! I love your blog and I am super excited about the labels you shared. This will save me so much time. I just shared this linky party on my blog and will be sure to link up once I get mine re-organized. Feel free to stop by to see the post I mentioned you in:)
    ~Rachel
    Teaching with Z

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just found your pictures on Pinterest! This is just what I needed to help me reorganize my library. Thanks for the labels!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Anonymous9/08/2015

    Nice article , my company some time ago happened across http://pdf.ac/1KsrbG to share pdf . It's quite easy to apply and it's affordable , I was informed they will give a 30 day promotion now

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks to share this best information with us, you may visit here to get more about top class sticker designs in USA. Heart in North Dakota

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks to share this best information with us. You may visit here to get more about news USA. photographia

    ReplyDelete
  28. Need english research paper help ? AssignmentStudio.net offers best research paper writing help at affordable price.

    ReplyDelete
  29. The hair of the scorpio rising appearance is often of good quality and perhaps a bit coarse. They might have a rather sharp profile with an arched nose.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Anonymous6/11/2022

    The divorce palm reading marriage line is denoted by some specific type of lines. Divorce in palmistry is shown by waved or chained lines.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Global Assignment Expert offers various benefits to students like helping to lessen their burden, providing customized assignments, saving time for other occasions,100% original content, affordable price rate,well-referenced, and many more. We avail our services in almost all the countries like UK, USA, Australia, etc. Here at Global Assignment Help, you can get great customer support services such as on-demand phone calls, free SMS updates,24/7 availability, WhatsApp Support, a Live chat system, and so on.

    ReplyDelete

 photo border_zpsru85kpjh.png