photo border_zpsru85kpjh.png

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

What I'm in love with {Linky Party}

I couldn't pass up the linky party that First Grade Blue Skies is hosting - What are you in love with? What is on your wish list for next year!

{What I am in love with}

Here is my classroom from last year {before school started that's why the bb are bare}. My theme was bright colors and black. All of my bulletin boards were solid black and the borders were black with brightly multi-colored shapes {dots, stars, stripes}. I love my theme! I love how my word wall pops! But I think I want to change my borders {shhh! don't tell my hubby} I found these borders from frog street press and I think they will make all of my bulletin boards pop! {plus I'm totally diggin' polka dots right now} I will still keep the solid black background. What do you think? Too much?


Here are the borders I would use - they're great because they're reversible. These are the main colors that I've already used, {word wall, library baskets & the caddies that are on the desks} I think they would match nicely.
Borders



These are cute numbers for my calendar - they only had them in green, but I'm sure I could make my own pretty easily.
Calendar



Love, love, love these letters, but I think I could make these too! {with my handy, dandy cricut}
Calendar


I would also love to get some of these storage ottomans! I love the ones everyone is making with the storage crates - but you just can't beat the price of these. Right now they are on sale at Target for 15$ I want a blue, pink, and green one! Not sure what I would use them for exactly, but they are so stinkin' cute!
Calendar




Come join the fun....link up your wish list!

First Grade Blue Skies


Don't forget to enter my giveaway for a 20$ gift certificate!



10 comments:

  1. Love those letters and ottomans!! SO very cute!
    Thanks for joining the party!!
    Jennifer
    First Grade Blue SKies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog I am now a follower of yours. I love your blog design! I'm debating on making the crates for my class because of cost and those ottomans are too cute. I'm definately going to have to visit Target tomorrow to see what I can find.

    Mrs. Shepherd
    mysecondgradejournal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs. Shepard - make sure you visit my post for my giveaway - since you're a follower - you just need to leave a comment ;)
    Giveaway
    I know what you mean - I hear people say they have spent a lot of money on them and why go through the trouble when they are only 15$ - plus I'm not sure if those crates will hold my 3rd graders {I know the ottomans will}. Thank you for joining my blog!
    -Audrey
    The Sweet Life of Third Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. You rock! Our bulletin boards are identical! I do black and I have the same border! I have been wanting to switch up but stay close to the same. hmmmm...
    Where did you get the cute letters? I so wish i had a cricut!! I can't wait to see your "all done" photos!
    Julie
    Thoughts of a Third Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I was thinking about polka dots! I love this.
    I just did a post asking followers for ideas.
    Erica Bohrer's First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was thinking about the weight issue with the crates as well. I teach 2nd. 2nd graders can come in many sizes!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7/29/2011

    Where did you get the colored baskets that your books are in?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought them 3 years ago at Garden Ridge...I have searched high and low for more like them and haven't been able to find them :( I did find some that are smaller, but the same bright colors at Hobby Lobby! Good luck!
    -Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my...I'm sorry I missed a few of your comments {I took the verification off when posting comments and some sneak by me now!)

    Julie - Great minds think alike!!! I took the plunge and bought the polka dot borders (purple, blue, green, pink...couldn't find orange) they were PRICEY!! 7 per pack...but they are reversible! Which letters? The letters on my word wall I made with my cricut. The letters I posted about wanting to purchase are Frog Street. I will definitely post pics when I'm all done (we can't get in til the 8th)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well this looks so amazing. These items make a class beautiful. And the students feel good while sitting in the class. Now it's time to avail Hi Vis Polo Shirtst for more information.

    ReplyDelete

 photo border_zpsru85kpjh.png