photo border_zpsru85kpjh.png

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Pinterest Inspirations!

The other day I was searching the area Targets to find more stickers for my multiple choice sticks. I just happened to go down the "summer stuff" aisle and saw that everything was 75% off! If there is one thing you should know about me - it's that I go a little crazy when I see the word "SALE" or "CLEARANCE or " blank % off" {ok you get the picture} I found metal tubs {beverage containers} and I was beyond ecstatic because they were only 3$ {yes 3$} I grabbed 2 of them {probably should have grabbed more!} My hubby has been wanting one for when we have get-togethers. I wanted one for my classroom because it reminded me of a picture I found on pinterest from Ms. Nichols classroom....






Like many of you, I'm completely addicted to Follow Me on Pinterest! I seriously have a pinning problems {and I just started!} I have found so many ideas {check back because I have a long list of things I'm going to make from the ideas I have found!} So I found this clipboard bucket and thought it was adorable. We do a lot of carpet work with whiteboards, yet I store my wb at the back of the room {opposite end of the classroom}. I thought this tub I found would be P-E-R-F-E-C-T to store my whiteboards, dry erase markers and erasers! Here are my before and after photos.


Before
Bucket before


After
Bucket after


Want to make a bucket too? It was super simple. I took scrapbook paper and used my cricut to cut out the letters {you could also buy letters already cut out}. Then I modge podged them on the bucket {remember to do thin layers at a time to prevent bubbles and the paper raising off} I put 6-7 layers of modge podge. You may also want to spray a clear sealant once it all dries to ensure that the letters are secure. Next I just tied coordinating ribbon on the handles. I plan to put some sort of basket inside this to store all three things and keep them organized. I'll keep you posted!

What have you made that was inspired by a pinterest find? Or what are you considering making? If you are on pinterest come check mine out!! Follow Me on Pinterest


6 comments:

  1. I have a "Pinspiration" linky party going on--you should link up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness... super cute! I think I might have to go get a couple for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog! I'm a new follower and you've already got me headed out the door to Target to grab these buckets! Thanks for the inspiration.
    Penny Pinching Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so love this...I have a tub of clipboards that have been making me crazy for a while and now I know what to do with them!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for linking up to my party!

    Love the bucket.:)

    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this tub!! Where did you get it?


    Miss J

    Smiles, Crayons, and Endless Stories

    ReplyDelete

 photo border_zpsru85kpjh.png